Tuesday, August 9, 2011

So It Begins

School that is....for one of my four kiddos.  Josh started yesterday - at full throttle too.  He not only went all day - but he rode the bus - and is at a new school this year.  Personally, I find all that a little overwhelming, but for his flexible self, it was just another day.  He had a great day and I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief.  He was beside himself because he has a former classmate from his old school in his class, and then saw two others at lunch.  I think he just like the fact that 2 kids were calling "Hey Josh!" in the cafeteria! :-) This morning he was up and had made his lunch before I even made it to the kitchen.  Then he left for the bus stop without me having to tell him!  I just wonder how long that will last .. haha!

And then there is the whole bus thing.  He LOOOVES riding the bus!  I'm not sure why, but it makes him happy and I am realizing that I like not having to go thru car line.  Our stop is the last one on the way to school and the first one after school, so he is really on there for literally 10 minutes or less.  Sarah is going to be riding to and she cannot wait! 

So one down and three to go.  Sarah goes for her K-5 "stagger" day on Thursday, and Ava has her K-4 stagger day on Friday.  I have heard from reliable sources about what is happening this week and it sounds like Thursday I am going to be one big puddle! All my chicks are growing up!  I'm not sure to be :-)           or :-( ......

No comments: