You would think with all that has been going on in my life I should be blogging everyday, but alas - that is not the case! My computer access has been limited, as our computer is currently on the dining room table waiting to be set back up, so I have not been able to ramble aimlessly as I have in the past. Maybe that is a good thing, but has wreaked havoc on my sanity! :-) So, I am going to catch everyone up to speed on the past few weeks....
- Charles was in England 6/30-7/11
- Zachary was at camp 7/6-7/10
- Well visits to the dr. for the girls (both doing great - Sarah is 40lbs and 40 inches tall. Ava is a whopping 25 lbs. and 30.5 inches tall. Poor thing is barely on the chart! She's okay tho - just small in stature.)
- Lots of daytime outings with friends and swimming - trying to stay busy while the hubby was gone. The weather needs to warm back up so we can get back to the pool!
- Lots of trips to see my grandmother. She has pancreatic cancer and is receiving hospice care at the Memphis Jewish Home. Praying for a quick ending to a very painful process - both for her and the family.
- Lots of laundry. Okay - so that is actually a normal thing at my house.
- Zachary came home from camp and had a bad ear infection with a blister on his eardrum. A couple of days later, the blister was gone, but he had middle ear infections in both ears. Poor guys was in lots of pain for a couple of days, but thankfully, is doing much better. Still doesn't have all his hearing back yet.
- New carpet and kitchen tile installed. Looks FABULOUS, but I think it would have been easier to move. We still don't have the house put back together yet (aka - why the computer is still in the dining room!) This whole process really called for a blog by itself - but that is all behind me now...good times (ha - NOT!)
- Scratched my car thanks to the evil set-up of the car wash at the BP gas station at Houston Levee and Walnut Grove. Looks like Edward Scissorhands got ahold of it!
- Emptied the freezer in my garage after the door to it mysteriously popped open a fraction of an inch. Hideous odor - thx to all the "mystery meat" that was in there.
(Let me interject here that the last two items happened the same night - within an hour of each other -- and Charles was still out of town. I was ready to scream...among other things!)
Okay - I guess that is all. If I think of anything else, I will update! :-)
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Okay - so my friend Jennifer is probably going to think I stole her blog title! ;-) No really - I have been thinking about this all day and that is exactly how I feel right now - that my life has been blessed by so many people.
I have a great family. My kids amaze me more and more every day! Charles is in York England for 12 days, and the kids have been so good and so helpful. Zachary is blowing me away! He is always asking if there is anything he can do to help me. He offers to help (even MAKE!) dinner, he has given Sarah her bath (washing hair included) the last 2 nights and gotten her ready for bed - the child has been the other half of my brain! When he goes to camp next week, I will be up a creek! (I would say Charles is paying him big bucks, but he has been doing this for several weeks now!) Josh is a sweetheart, but he doesn't take initiative to just "do" things like Zachary does. If I asked him to paint a room with his toes he would jump right up and say, "Yes ma'am", but he won't ask if he can do anything. I'm learning that that is a major difference in his and Zachary's personalities. Zachary is all over things like white on rice, but Josh lingers in the background and wants to be asked - or invited - to be a part. You think he isn't paying attention, but oh no - he is - and gets his feelings hurt very easily if not asked to be a part. (Jen - I read your blog and had to laugh when you mentioned the boys losing a wallet with $45....Josh lost $20 just a couple of weeks ago. It's here somewhere!) Sarah has even been helpful - she has worn her "big girl" underwear all day with only one tiny mishap this morning. She even stayed dry thru her nap! My only obstacle is that she REFUSES to poop in the potty. I'm not sure how to handle that -- any suggestions? I can't leave out little Ava either....she's been very good too!
I'm blessed with an incredible husband I do NOT deserve. He left early yesterday morning to go on his mission trip. I hate it when he is gone so long - not like he does this often! I can handle the daytime stuff...I just hate going to bed when he isn't here! Time will pass quickly though, and I can't wait to see his pictures. York is a beautiful place!
I have been blessed with amazing friends - of all ages! These friends love me and my quirks and totally understand that when I go months without talking to them, it isn't because I am mad or don't care - they know I have a CRAZY life and don't get to connect as often as I can or should. We just pick up right where we left off and keep on goin'! I have older - wiser friends who I know I can call 24/7 if I need them, and that is such a good feeling! I have younger friends who take great pride in reminding me that I am OLDER they they are (ahem - initials are TB!) I just love my friends - all of you! You are a constant source of strength, laughter and love for me - you are a HUGE blessing in my life! Thank you for being you!!
Well - I am again so very tired, so I am going to finish my laundry and try to get some sleep. I started a journal for Charles to read when he gets back, so I need to write in it as well. Two weeks is a long time to be away from kids & family, and goodness knows my 2 remaining brain cells cannot remember all the funny and crazy stuff that goes on around here for that long! Much love and blessings to all of you!!!