Thursday, July 23, 2009


You would think with all that has been going on in my life I should be blogging everyday, but alas - that is not the case! My computer access has been limited, as our computer is currently on the dining room table waiting to be set back up, so I have not been able to ramble aimlessly as I have in the past. Maybe that is a good thing, but has wreaked havoc on my sanity! :-) So, I am going to catch everyone up to speed on the past few weeks....

- Charles was in England 6/30-7/11
- Zachary was at camp 7/6-7/10
- Well visits to the dr. for the girls (both doing great - Sarah is 40lbs and 40 inches tall. Ava is a whopping 25 lbs. and 30.5 inches tall. Poor thing is barely on the chart! She's okay tho - just small in stature.)
- Lots of daytime outings with friends and swimming - trying to stay busy while the hubby was gone. The weather needs to warm back up so we can get back to the pool!
- Lots of trips to see my grandmother. She has pancreatic cancer and is receiving hospice care at the Memphis Jewish Home. Praying for a quick ending to a very painful process - both for her and the family.
- Lots of laundry. Okay - so that is actually a normal thing at my house.
- Zachary came home from camp and had a bad ear infection with a blister on his eardrum. A couple of days later, the blister was gone, but he had middle ear infections in both ears. Poor guys was in lots of pain for a couple of days, but thankfully, is doing much better. Still doesn't have all his hearing back yet.
- New carpet and kitchen tile installed. Looks FABULOUS, but I think it would have been easier to move. We still don't have the house put back together yet (aka - why the computer is still in the dining room!) This whole process really called for a blog by itself - but that is all behind me now...good times (ha - NOT!)
- Scratched my car thanks to the evil set-up of the car wash at the BP gas station at Houston Levee and Walnut Grove. Looks like Edward Scissorhands got ahold of it!
- Emptied the freezer in my garage after the door to it mysteriously popped open a fraction of an inch. Hideous odor - thx to all the "mystery meat" that was in there.

(Let me interject here that the last two items happened the same night - within an hour of each other -- and Charles was still out of town. I was ready to scream...among other things!)

Okay - I guess that is all. If I think of anything else, I will update! :-)

No comments: