Saturday, March 21, 2009

Firehouses & Field Trips!



I know - I have been neglectful of my blog! Time really gets away from me...not to mention there hasn't been anything exciting to write about!

That being said, I finally got to go on a field trip with Josh & his Enrichment class. We went first to Firehouse Subs and then to the Fire Museum. See the theme here? (ha!) It was a great time! All those kids are so well behaved (well - except for the ride home - but I'll get to that in a minute!) I had never been to Firehouse Subs, so that was good too! Someone came around & gave all the kids a fire chief hat...cool! The Fire Museum was awesome! If you have never been, I highly recommend it. Josh came home asking about our smoke detectors, so I know he at least learned something! We got to see Zachary's poster framed & hanging up too. Josh was so proud of that! He was telling everyone to go look at it. The whole tour was amazing, and the kids especially liked the end when they could run & play on all the equipment (imagine that!) We got in free, but the brochure I picked up said there was an admission fee of like $4 or $6...so I really don't know how much it is, but either way it is reasonable. Now - parking stinks if you are going there during the week, but otherwise it is great! Something that was kind of interesting....right next door (and I do mean literally!) is Memphis' first police station. It is totally in shambles. Wouldn't it be cool if they could restore it like they did the Fire Museum?

So - let's fast forward to our ride home. Now the kiddos are all hyped up from all the running around, so it starts out kind of loud. I have 3 boys (one being Josh) and they are all 3 sitting in the 3rd row seat. The middle kid (not Josh) starts egging on the other 2 to "tickle" him...which causes him to squeal - therefore driving me nuts really fast. I let them have their fun...asked them to stop...they continued to keep doing it....so before it was over, I had 3 little boys sitting on their hands for about 1/2 the way back! Okay - so then I am coming dowin Union and cross over Cleveland. The light was yellow and I was panicking b/c I realized I passed a police officer on my right (who was turning right) as I went thru the intersection. I looked in my rear-view mirror and saw his lights come on. I felt the blood drain from my face and my hands got cold & clammy - until I realized he was getting the car who turned left after me. WHEW! I just knew he was coming after me! How on earth would I have lived that down with my field trip refugees? I was soooo grateful for that little pass!

So - that is my fun! I am so grateful for good weather and warm temperatures. More time to spend outside with the kids and my camera! Yea spring!!

No comments: