Monday, May 4, 2009

Is It Over?

SERIOUSLY!  It HAS to be over at this point!  I think everyone is on the mend and I am really hoping that light at the end of the tunnel is really sunlight - not another train about to hit me head on!   For those of you who missed last week's edition of "Robertson Hospital", let me give you a quick re-cap:  Both boys had the flu (no - not swine)...Zachary got better but Josh wasn't....took Josh and Ava (who had some sot of "funk" growing under her nose) to the dr. on Thursday....Josh had strep and I learned today that Ava had strep under her nose as well - not staph - so that was actually a good thing!  Ava woke up Sat. morning (that would be 4:30 a.m.!)  thoring up & blazing with a fever.  She was a mess all weekend, but I think she too is starting to show signs of improvement.  I am HOPING that tonight I can sleep all night - not just a couple of hours at a time.  After 10 days of this, I am about to start unravelling!  I had some major germs running amuck in my house, but I think all has been taken care of.  Sheets & linens have been washed several times, all toothbrushes and water bottles have been replaced, toys disinfected....I told someone last week that my house smelled like a kindergarden classroom!  (On a side note - Lysol "Fresh Linen" is very good.....it kills more germs than any of those other sprays....gotta read your labels people!)  It appears Sarah is the only one who has managed to escape any illness, and I am finally able to start breathing a little easier that she isn't going to catch anything.   

While everyone has been fighting off their own illnesses, Sarah has started to break out her imagination play times.  She re-enacts Dora, Blue's Clue's, she LOVES to be a fireman, she get her big Magna-Doodle and puts it on top of 2 pillows and that is her "snowboard", she is a pirate, a mommy, a rock star, a nurse/doctor......she is so fun to watch!  She loves to be creative and does not care who is around.  Love my little girl!

  

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Oh, wow. You have had the funk, haven't you??? Bless your heart. I remember going through that sick phase while Jonah and Noah were little~I think big bros were the culprit in my case.

Glad they're all on the mend! I use lysol too! Well, for that kind of thing...don't like the smell, but hey that 99.9% gets me, so I don't care what it smells like! I even have the fresh linen. :) I miss you!!!