Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's ALMOST Friday....Close Enough!

Haha!  I'll take what I can get...but I am ready to call an end to this week!  When school is in session, it seems like getting to Friday is like a race to the finish line.  If I can get thru the usual morning chaos and everyone out the door on time for school Friday morning, then I have broken thru the tape and can breathe a HUGE sigh of relief!  You all know how abnormal my schedule is, now Zachary has play practice several nights and on Saturdays, Josh is doing JBQ at church (meaning he has to be there at 5:30), Ava has ballet 2 mornings a week...but poor Sarah has nothing extra!  (I'll just keep her home and work with her on writing her name!  She is actually doing very well in school and loves it!)  Anyway, throw into the mix I have a current car "issue" that is probably going to leave me without a vehicle for several - well , probably more than just "several" -- days.  A tractor trailor backed into me so my front bumper needs a little TLC!  It could have been alot worse, so I really can't complain.  Makes me shudder to think what would have happened if I had been in Charles' car.  His car is so low to the ground, it probably would have come thru the windshield!
So anywho....tomorrow is Friday and then Saturday Sarah has a birthday party, Zachary has practice, friends for dinner, Josh is spending the night at my mom's new digs...yea her!  She finally moved out of her house and into her own little apartment!  She is sooooo thrilled!  Her old house held lots of bad memories for her, and the neighborhood just isn't safe for a single woman (at least I don't think so).  Now, instead of being 30 minutes away, she is only about 5 minutes away.  It is a "win-win" situation for all of us...ha!

You know, I really am just rambling nonsense here....just kind of the mood I am in I guess.  Waiting for the last 30 minutes of my day to pass so I can clock out and head home.  We got a new kitchen table today and I can't wait to see it!  Finally...after all these years...we have a kitchen table all 6 of us can sit at!  Before, the only way could all sit together was to sit at the dining room table, and we just are not "dining room" people...you know?

So - speaking of dining room (which makes me think of meals -- which makes me think of Ava -- stay with me people)...I was thinking the other day...my little Ava ~ God love her ~ Ava is my spirited strong willed child.  I find myself saying things to her I don't remember having to say to any of the other three.... "Ava, get your feet off the table", "Ava, don't pick your feet at the table", "Ava, get your fork out of your nose", "Ava, get off of Bernie [our Shih Tzu puppy]", "Ava, go put your underwear on NOW!"  I promise, I am not making any of this up.  There is always something to laugh (or cry) at at our house!  I hope ya'll have an "Ava" you can relate to, because she sure makes life more interesting.  Well, all my kids do really.  I love them so very much, and am so proud of the people they are becoming.  I listen to Zachary and as he relates the events of his day and conversations he had with his friends, it really makes me proud that he is so strong in his beliefs and so confident in himself.  That is pretty awesome for a 6th grader!  Josh still reigns supreme in his own little world - population "1"!  He is so funny, so sweet, and so cranky when he doesn't get enough sleep.  Sarah is my little princess who has transformed from "toddler" to "little girl" in just a couple of months.  I'm so amazed by her!  I miss her so much now that she is in school all day.  Now, it is just me and Ava - each of us getting some well-deserved one-on-one time with each other.  It probably is a good thing it is just the two of us, because she WEARS ME OUT!!!!  Haha...

So did I lose you?  Did you stay with me til the end?  I told you I was in a rambling kind of mood!  More later...not sure when...so just be ready!

No comments: