Monday, March 7, 2011

It's Monday ~ But Friday's Comin'!!!

Yes it is!  Just a few more days!!  (I know...It's supposed to be "It's Friday, but Sunday's Comin'"!)  Friday is the start of spring break and not a moment too soon!  I am so ready...ready for sleeping in...catching a movie...going to the library...spending some alone time with the hubby...  Yep, you heard read right - Charles and I are getting away for a few days for some MUCH NEEDED time (just a few days!) to ourselves.  While I am looking forward to all the aformentioned activities, I am already stressing out about them too.  There's the packing...do the kids have the right stuff?  Do WE have the right stuff?  Are all the details worked out?  Will anything happen while we are gone?  The kiddos are going to be with my mom part of the time and with Charles' mom part of the time.  The boys might actually go out of town with her until Thursday, but they haven't made their final decision yet.  I do love that we can all get out and go and have an amazing time, but I am already looking forward to Tuesday and having my chicks under one roof.  When we are scattered about, I panic just a little when my cell phone rings.  I always fear that something might happen while I am away and vice-versa.  Aaaaagh! I don't know what I will do when they go to college.  Zachary is already planning to be 5 hours away.  (Chest pains starting...breathe in - breathe out!)  I can't dwell on that just yet!  I need to stop - breathe - and remember Who is in control of the situation.  I have to do that ALOT!  :-)

So anyway....did you read the status I posted last Thursday?  It was "Hush ~ God is in it..."  I heard that on the way home from work and seemed so appropriate for so many people I know who are going through some devastating situations right now.  It is sometimes hard to remember that God is in the middle of every circumstance - good or bad.  Something bad happens and we start to stress out like the person who goes nuts thinking they have lost their glasses when they have been on top of their head the whole time.  Psalm 46:10.  You know the verse.  "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

For those of you who listen to K-Love...remember how they had their listeners pick a "word" for 2011?  The word I chose was "see".  I have learned that it has a two-fold meaning.  I need to learn to stop ("hush") and "see" that God is in EVERY detail of my day.  When I am having a bad day, He is still in the midst of it.  When I am having a good day, He is still right there.  I have to choose to SEE what He is teaching me or SEE where He is leading me.  You know something?  That is not always an easy task!  Hindsight is 20/20!  The flip side to this is that I need to live my life so that others can SEE Who lives inside of me.  Can they SEE Jesus in my words and in my actions?  Can my kids SEE Him?  I didn't realize until just recently just how powerful that word really is.  Yeah, it really is. 

So - all that being said, go forth and prepare for all your spring break activities!  I think everyone is very much ready for a well-deserved vaca!  Have a great week!  :-)

No comments: