Thursday, March 3, 2011

One More Week!

Actually, only four more days til spring break!  I'm so excited!  Just a taste of summer to come....ahhh bliss!  And of course there is the no-dealing-with-lunches-or-backpacks that goes along with it.  I am so ready for it.  Well - is anyone ever NOT ready for it?  I mean really, c'mon!

So let's see....what's been going on in our house these days.  Josh's play was last weekend.  Well, the rehearsals have consumed our lives for the last 6 weeks, but it all culminated to "production week" last week.  EVERY night rehearsal from 6-9.  That - my friends...is a killer.  It's all good though.  You know what you are getting into when you agree to let them be in it, so it is no surprise - it just makes for a really long week.  My kids are troopers...they enjoy what they do and do it with no complaints.  Even when they miss a few hours of sleep!  :-)  Zachary was there too.  He did lights and discovered he LOVES that!  My kids are pretty awesome.  Don't know if I have mentioned that lately, but they really are ~ even if they are mine!  They are GOOD kids -- you know?  The kind that make you proud....that you actually enjoy having around.  They are making good choices and are starting to make very insightful observations about others.  They know what sets them apart from the rest of the world and are very much okay with that....I just pray it stays that way!  You have to cover them in prayer parents!  :-)

So fresh off the heels of last weekend came Sarah's "Top Banana" week at school.  Daddy put together a fabulous (as always) princess poster for her...made her favorite oatmeal-chocolate-chip cookies for snack...and read "How I Became A Pirate" to her class - eye patch, pirate hat and all!  Isn't he a great dad?  Yeah, I think so!  I read to class one day, took Bernie up as a "show-and-tell", made a snack of a few of her favorite fruits...even Josh and Zachary each took one day and read to her class!  I also managed to have "Aunt Tammy" come read too!  I personally think she had a great week.  We made sure she had something special to look forward to every day.  She was very happy, so that really is all that matters!

So, although I had several days off, I was never home and am so far behind on -- well -- everything!  Laundry is an ongoing project at my house, so I am NEVER really caught up.  I do need to clean tho.  But you now what?  I have (ssshhhh!) NO PLANS this weekend...and it is supposed to rain Saturday (which really makes me happy!)...and everyone will be home...which means I have lots of help around the house.  I'm thinking we all take a nap and spend the afternoon cleaning...hehe.  Thinking I will bribe them with baked spaghetti and brownies for supper! 

No comments: