Monday, April 4, 2011

Quick Trip, Cute Babies and Crazy Weather!

Yep - it has been a whirlwind...and I don't mean the weather today!  Josh and I made a quick overnight trip to Nashville Friday.  He had a JBQ tournament - and all the kids did well.  I'm so proud of them!  Short synopsis..check in...eat dinner..go to swim...pool closed...kids (and parents) upset...went to Wally World and bought fixins for ice cream sundaes...popped pop corn...played games...crashed in room...up early..tourny all day...nice dinner...home at 10 p.m.  Yeah - we were both pooped!

So Sunday afternoon, we were looking at the nest this robin has built in a tree right outside our kitchen window.  Momma has been sitting on the nest so Charles took a look-see and (in case you didn't see it on my FB page) here is what is inside:


Is that just so cool?  I am amazed by it!  The girls tried to tell me several days ago that they thought the momma bird was sitting in the nest looking like she was "pooping" - I guess they were right!  But really - just look at that nest.  Look at how it is built!  I mean, I know we have all seen a bird nest, but I am in awe of this one.  This tiny creature with two wings, a beak, and tiny feet built this!  God is awesome like that.  Momma bird sat on these babies today during the storm and all is well.  I have tried to get a pic of her on the nest but have not been super-successful.  She was sitting on the fence giving me all kinds of heck when I took this picture.  The nest is actually low enough that all I have to do is hold my camera (or phone) up and point down and I can take a picture.  I can't wait to see these little babies!  The kids are all excited too.  We check on them - from a distance - several times a day.  I will keep you posted on the progress!

So all this and then the crazy storm this morning.  Ava and I were at her ballet class (which is in the basement of a church thank goodness!)  I had actually run to Kroger to get some milk but the sirens went off just as I pulled into the parking lot. Sooooo....I turned around and went back.  When I got there, they were all lined up against the wall in the hallway, sitting down, practicing their positions (arms only!)  At that point the power went out (which is REALLY dark in a basement hallway), so they took requests from the kids.  They sang "Jesus Loves Me", "Frosty the Snowman", "ABC's", "Mary Had  A Little Lamb"....just to name a few.  The storm passed and they still had about 10 minutes left to practice (BIG recital coming up May 2nd at GPAC!!!) ****SIDEBAR**** I just love Carrie Jean McDonald (her teacher)...she is such a blessing to so many families!  I'm sad that Ava will not be able to take again next year since she will be in school :-( **** Lights were still out and Ava informs me she has to go potty.  Seriously?  You went RIGHT before class started!  She must have a bladder the size of a squirrel's...so she did...while I used the flashlight app on my phone to create some sort of illumination so she could see what she was doing.

So that's been our craziness the past few days.  Zoo trip tomorrow with the K4 class (because it is "Z" week you know!)  Thank goodness it was rescheduled from today!  It will chilly in the morning, but as long as there is no rain, we are GOOD!!!

No comments: