Monday, December 22, 2008

It's Christmas Eve-Eve-Eve!


At least - that is what Josh determined it was this morning!  The kids are so excited...they love all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.  If they had their choice, they would spend the whole 2 weeks at other people's houses!  They are not "home bodies" by any means!  I've been trying to squeeze in time to try to do this or that, but there is never any "time" left!  It finally occurred to me the other day that if I just listen to them, they'll let me know what things are important to them.  They've talked constantly about going to "Nanny & Pops" - which we did last Saturday - to have Christmas with them.  They count down the days until Christmas Eve when they get to see their cousins....then there is Christmas day when we go to Charles' aunt's and then his mom's.  They love being with family!  That really is what is important, and I am glad they think so too.  They are looking forward to the traditional "making of the Christmas cookies" on Christmas Eve.  We do the whole rolling out the sugar cookie dough & using cookie cutters thing, then decorate with cream cheese icing & other assorted toppings.  They have such a good time, and Santa REALLY likes the cookies & milk!  ;-)  While we are gone to my cousins, one of "Santa's elves" comes by and leaves a package of Christmas pj's on each child's bed.  This has happened every year since Zachary was a baby...and has turned into one of the highlights of their Christmas.  I love how this is such a magical time for them - as it should be.  I want them to feel this way for as long as possible!
Sarah is really starting to get into the season...she loves seeing the presents and is always  asking "Is that present for ME?"  Ava is still a little young....but she will catch on fast!  Sarah got a tea set last Saturday at Nanny & Pops and we have been having tea parties.  She is quite the little hostess!  I don't know where she picked up on that....unless at mother's day out.  If I am still --- she is handing me a plate & cup!  Last night, she got up to go get in bed - hugged me and said "You my best friend"!  I just melted!  Granted, just an hour earlier I had been trying to think of a way to detach her from my side....but that just made my year!  She can be a sneaky little thing, but she is also as sweet as she can be when she wants to be!

I hope all of you have a blessed Christmas and remember in the midst of all the chaos the real "reason of the season" - that sweet baby who came to save the world.  The other night on my way home from work, I was listening to the radio and they were playing "Mary Did You Know?"  I've heard that song a million times, but suddenly one line really struck me....."and when you kiss your little baby, you've kissed the face of God."  That is just awesome to me.  Here this little teenage girl is blessed with the gift of giving birth to the Messiah.  She got to cuddle him and love on him like any mother would her newborn. Think about all the times you have kissed the sweet soft cheek of a baby - but Mary got to kiss the face of God -- Awesome isn't it?  Merry Christmas everyone! 

No comments: