Friday, January 1, 2010

What Do You See????

What do you see in the above picture of our mantle that could possibly stress out a 3 year-old? Once the decorations were all put together, Sarah was very concerned.....about her stocking! How was Santa going to reach her stocking? I was asked this question over, and over, and over, and over soooo many times. I tried to reassure her that Santa had his own way of getting down stockings, that he would be sure to fill it and leave it where she could reach it Christmas morning. She still needed that reassurance though - constantly - one answer was not sufficient. Thankfully, come Christmas morning, she saw that I was right and all was well. She is most definitely a child who only believes by seeing...maybe it is an age thing!

Our Christmas was exhausting and exciting....and as I have said on my Facebook page, I am ready to trade all the "Christmas Chaos" for our "Normal Chaos"! However, I am not looking forward to the boys going back to school and having to deal with homework and backpacks and lunches...yuck! There is something to be said for those who homeschool! How much longer til summer break? Spring break is only a couple of months away...then there is Easter....then school will be out for summer...woo hoo!

I am looking at the sea of toys in my house and am thinking that there has to be some serious changes in how we do Christmas next year. For once we actually bought early, but I'm thinking that wasn't such a good idea. We kept thinking of just "one more thing" the closer Christmas got! I'm just thinking that our Christmas is going to change next year. I already have some ideas...hmmmm......

So anyway -- hope you had a fabulous New Year and that 2010 brings you an abundance of God's love and peace and most importantly His many blessings! I pray especially that He will reveal Himself to you in so many ways...big and small...so that you will always be reminded that He is forever by your side. Don't be like Sarah.....you don't HAVE to see in order to believe!

No comments: