Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Time to FROG!

"FROG" ......Fully Rely On God. Is that what you are doing? Were you doing it before the elections? I hope so, but if you weren't, I'm sure you are now. I don't want to give the wrong impression, but I'm not upset about the election results. I've known from the beginning that God was in control and knew who our leader would be before the first vote was ever cast. It's not like He was watching the returns saying, "Oh my gosh! What is going on down there?" He's the Alpha and Omega...the First and Last. He may not have answered the prayers of many in the way that was anticipated, but that just proves once again that "The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works." (Ps. 145:17) (Note - it is HIS way ... not OUR way!) It isn't our responsibility to be disappointed, it is our responsibility to lift this man up in prayer daily as he leads this nation. He has a difficult task ahead of him and even though there are things we may not agree on, he is still our President. God placed him there for a reason and we should honor that.

When I was in high school, my algebra & geometry books had the answers to all the odd problems in the back. Sometimes I would get so frustrated trying to work out the problem that I would just write down the answer and not care how I got it. Getting the right answer was all well & good, but I was really cheating myself for not taking the time to figure out how to actually work the problem. I guess what I am trying to say is that today some people might be trying to jump to the answer...what is God trying to show me/us through this election? What we should do (in my opinion) is slow down, and see how God is going to work in our nation. This is not the time to despare and have an "oh woe is me!" attitude. This should be a time for everyone to put aside political views and unite in praying for our nation as well as our leader.

No comments: