Tuesday, June 9, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!!!

So - today Sarah turned the big "3"!  I still cannot believe it!  All day today I kept thinking, "Three years ago today I was......"  I STILL cannot believe we have not one, but two girls!  Guess out of all my kids, Sarah was the biggest surprise.  I was in radiology school - last year nonetheless - so having another baby was FAR from our minds, but yet God proved otherwise.  She was so meant to be here and be a part of or lives (as was Ava - but her birthday is next week!)  When I was about 15 weeks pregnant with her, I talked to one of the radiologists and asked him to scan me (do an ultrasound) to see if he could tell the sex of the baby - that we wanted to be able to tell our family on Christmas.  He was nice enough to scan me, then write the results on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope.  I brought it home and showed it to Charles and told him that the sex of the baby was written down inside.  Well - so much for waiting until Christmas!  He tore right into it!  I was like, "What are you doing?  We were going to wait!"  He said he would look and wouldn't tell me - yeah right!  Like I could live with that!  So I opened the piece of paper (all the while KNOWING that this baby would also be a boy) and Dr. Emerson had so sweetly drawn a little girl stick figure and in a little bubble over her head wrote, "Dress me in pink!"  At some point I obviously remembered to breathe again!  A girl?  REALLY?????  It was so fun telling the family.  We bought a bib that said "Thank Heaven For Little Girls" and had our moms open it at Christmas.  I'm sure my mom's yell could have been heard all over the city!  Everyone was so excited, and it was so fun to get to play with little girl baby stuff!

So - fast forward to today - my "oldest" little princess is quickly becoming a big girl.  Potty training is in sight (working on that next week, but should be easy - she already goes most of the time anyway), she got a big girl bike for her birthday - I guess next she will get her driver's license!  :-)  No really - I so love her.  She is an incredibly strong personality, but is so full of love she could just burst!  She is very much like Josh - she has such a happy heart.  Every night she reminds me that I am her "best friend" and insists on lots of hugs and kisses before bed.  Not sure how she will feel about me 10 years from now, but for today I love every minute!  Happy Birthday 'Sissy"!

                           Day after she was born - still in the hospital!


First Birthday!

Second Birthday!


Three Years Old!

No comments: