Wednesday, January 19, 2011

***Addendum***

I just started reading "Choosing To See" by Mary Beth Chapman.  The prologue was written by Beth Moore, and in the closing paragraph were these words (bear in mind she is referring to the tragic death of Steven Curtis and Mary Beth Chapman's 5 year-old daughter Maria in May 2008):


"An unbelieving onlooker could reason that, to have a God who cared enough to orchestrate something like the timing of that dream [a dream she had about Mary Beth and Maria, which unbeknownst to her was actually an answer to prayer for Mary Beth], we'd have a God who'd never let such a tragedy happen to start with.  These are places where God exercises His sovereign right to remain a mystery.  We cannot fathom the intricacies of the divine plan.  But make no mistake, when we are in the driest desert, we can receive the manna to make it all the way to the other side where trees bud again and children laugh.  God sometimes delivers us from evils we never see.  Other times He parts raging oceans before our very eyes.  Still other times He says, 'When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers they will not sweep over you....Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west' (Isa. 43:2,5)"


In light of my previous blog (in case you are reading this on facebook and have no idea what I am talking about, click here to go to my blog), I really thought this was too "golden" not to post.  As usual, Beth Moore so eloquently stated the point I was trying to get across - that God can exercise "His sovereign right to remain a mystery".  (Sigh) ---- life gets harder as we get older (in some aspects!)  :-)

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I loved this one, Rene! That phrase is just nothing but God...that He just does some things that we don't understand. I guess it's a good thing we're not Him, huh??

I've been wanting to read that book. I might have to go to the Ville library today after work. Love you, girl!!