Friday, January 28, 2011

Word

No - I don't mean "word" as in "Yo, Yo..."  I mean "word" as in I have been thinking about my "word" for 2011.  If you listen to KLOVE, you know what I am talking about.  You are supposed to think of a word to be your "theme" for the year.  One dj has the word "clear"....another one is using "distinct".  I LOVE those words!  Makes me wish I could have thought of them!  That's okay tho....I am deciding between 2.  You are supposed to decide by the end of January, so I guess I only have a few days left - guess I need to crack down!


So anyway, today was like a breath of fresh air.  The sun and warmer temps were glorious!  I am however paying for it now - I can't breathe out of my nose, but it was well worth it!  Ava had ballet - had lunch with a friend - I ran a couple of errands - Target being one of them.  Have I mentioned how I LOVE Target?  Seriously, I think they must have some sort of mind altering drug that flows from the vents.  It doesn't matter how many cars are in the parking lot, as soon as you walk in, it is like you are the only person in the store.  Time comes to a screeching halt...my mind suddenly becomes clear....birds sing and woodland creatures eat out of my hand.  Okay - well - maybe not the last part, but it wouldn't surprise me - haha!  Everything looks so different in Target.  I may have seen it a million times elsewhere, but when I see it in Target, it is as if I am seeing it for the first time.  What is up with that? Right now, it is my favorite place to kill time.  If it had a beach, I would never leave!


My ADD must be kicking in because I can't stay on one track!  I mentioned I have been reading "Choosing To SEE" by Mary Beth Chapman.  Have any of you read it?  It is an incredibly powerful book.  I read the first chapter and was afraid to pick it back up.  As a mom, it was just too close to home for me (if you don't know, in May 2008, her then 5 year-old daughter Maria was accidentally run over by her older brother and was killed.)  I think it was because it sounded like Maria was a perfect combination of my two girls.  She liked to "pinky-promise" like Ava, and she loved it when her whole family was together - just like Sara.  After a couple of days I realized that Satan was trying to use that against me.  He knew that book would be a blessing to me and would try any means possible to keep me from it.  So, I picked it up again and hardly been able to put it down.  The Chapman's are an amazing family.  Their faith is phenomenal.  God has spoken to them and through them in ways you would not believe.  I have so enjoyed that book because Mary Beth has made herself so transparent.  You just have to read it for yourself - I might even read it again!


Well, besides work, shuttling to play practice, laundry, grocery shopping, keeping Ava from destroying something or torturing the dog, laundry, meal planning, balancing life (unsuccessfully usually), LAUNDRY (in case I haven't mentioned it already)....that pretty much sums up my week!  If you have a "word" for 2011, please feel free the mention it - I'd love to know!

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I don't have one yet, either. I'm kind of like you though and have a couple I'm choosing from. I can't wait until Monday...I plan on posting my word as my facebook status (kind of like when everyone posted the color of their bra for breast cancer awareness). I can't wait to hear everyone's words!!!