Monday, September 1, 2008

CONFESSION

I have a horrible confession to make - one that might startle some of you - so sit down....take a deep breath....blow it out....now listen to what I have to tell you. I HATE to shop! Whew! I'm so glad I got that off my chest! I hope you won't think less of me for it! I guess I should clarify. I hate shopping for myself -- Charles & the kids are a totally different story! Today was a reminder of why I hate to shop. Charles & I were at Macy's. They had a great sale (or so it appeared). He got 3 shirts (2 of which we later realized were Calvin Klein) for $45. They were long sleeved, dress shirts, so that was really a great deal. Charles NEVER buys himself anything, so I really had to coax him. Geesh -0ne shirt was only $7 - you can't pass that up! I decided to look at the women's stuff. Problem #1 - a "deal" was a top for about $30. Problem #2 - there are only 4.5 billion variations to tops/shirts/blouses/dresses/jackets. Guys only have to decide b/w long or short-sleeved, material, pattern. There isn't much variation there - just find your size. As for the women? Aaaagh! I just refuse to spend that much $$ and I refuse to try on 25 items to see which one I can tolerate. I wear scrubs to work 3 days a week, and on the days I am off, I am chasing a 1 and 2 year old, so I don't sit around in designer labels all day. I'll go for comfort rather than style. Target - here I come!

Let me also add that I could spend ALLLLLLLLL day shopping for the kids - especially the girls - and I get so excited when I find a good deal! (If I had $1,000 to blow, I would spend $998 at Target and The Children's Place on kids clothes and $2 on a Diet Coke for me!) I've been to Chocolate Soup 2x this month and was ecstatic with my finds! I guess it is the thrill of the chase. Chocolate Soup is the most over-priced children's clothing store in the whole tri-state area, but sometimes you can get the most unbelievable deals. I love that I can buy for Sarah and know Ava will be able to wear it too (eventually -- she is sooooo tiny compared to my amazon child!) I would be happy wearing the smocked a-line dresses, but they look a whole lot cute on a little girl than a grown woman! I guess at that point they become "moo-moo's"! :-) Don't get me wrong, I don't spend my days off at the mall. I usually only shop for the kids at the change of seasons and maybe pick up a few things here & there. All the fall stuff is out now, but it is hard to break out the corduroy when it is still 90 degrees outside!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I am so glad you started a blog! I am going to add a link to you r blog on mine... and I found Christa's blog through you too! yea! This will be a great way to keep up with each other.... I am on my blog all the time!

Love the shopping confession... I too would rather spend money on my daughter.

Pam Walker said...

Rene:

I agree with ou on the shopping. I hate to shop for myself, but love clothes...go figure!

Pam Walker said...

oh, btw, happy late birthday!