Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Day In The Life....

You know with 4 kids there is always going to be SOMETHING going on at our house. So, let me give you a glimpse into the type of chaos that can occur at a moments notice....

Tuesday started as a normal day. I was off, so I took Sarah to MDO, then Ava and I ate lunch with Zachary. I picked up Sarah & the boys at school, then came home and monitored homework, snacks, etc., until dinner. The weather was beautiful, so after dinner, Charles & Zachary went on a bike ride and Sarah, Josh and I washed my car. Ava was supervising in her stroller. Let me add here that Josh did an incredible job of corralling Sarah. He did not allow her to get anywhere close to the street. (I never even asked him to do that - I guess after 2 very close brushes with moving vehicles, he didn't want the same to happen to her!) They had a great time - except at the end, Sarah decided to put her entire body in the bucket I was using to wash the car...with the dirty water still in it! I decided it was time for her to go inside at that point - it was getting dark anyway. I finished up outside and by the time I got in, Charles had just finished giving Sarah a bath. This is where our story begins. She came running down the hall and immediately Charles says, "She picked out her own pajamas!" What would normally be a pair of long-sleeved/pants pajamas was looking like a pair of skin-tight capris and a halter top. I was surprised she could even breathe! I was just thinking I wanted to get a picture of it when out of the corner of my eye I see Zachary headed out of the kitchen with about 6 paper towels. I asked him where he was going and he said Josh had an "accident" and he was trying to help him. I knew Josh was in the shower, so I'm thinking Josh+water+"accident" = not a good situation. I went back to our bathroom (where the boys take their showers) and water was EVERYWHERE. In hindsight, it appears that the nozzle had gotten turned around so when he turned the shower on, water was spraying all over the bathroom. It took 9 (seriously - I counted!) bath towels and a mop to get all the water up and the carpet is STILL damp 2 days later! (And to think - Zachary thought 6 paper towels would do the trick!) I was sooooo mad - not because it happened, but because Josh took his entire shower knowing that water was going everywhere! Now, while I am sopping up the water, I hear Sarah screaming from her room, "NOOOO MOMMY DO IT! MOMMY DO IT!" (She has a terrible case of "mommyitis" these days.) What was causing all that commotion? Charles was simply trying to put clean sheets on her bed. She was having a FIT because I wasn't doing it. You probably think I am making this up or at least embellishing but I promise you all of this is true. I added no details! These type of antics are common at our house...we just learn to shake it off! :-) Charles said later, "I'm sorry you had a bad day." I told him I actually had a good day - but the last couple of hours were very nerve-racking!

So - there is a glimpse into what kinds of things are going on at the Robertson household. Sometimes I think I should put a webcam in my house and charge people to watch! Like they say on "John & Kate Plus 8"........"it's a crazy life, but it's OUR life!" I do love it!

2 comments:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Seriously, with four kids, there are no surprised in your post. Thanks for the laugh of the day...you win the prize. I cannot believe Josh took his whole shower with the nozzle turned up...that sounds like something Drew would do....remember what I said Monday night???!!!?!?!??! Love you, Chickie!!

Jennie said...

Thanks, Rene'! Of course I don't mind you adding me to your blog list. I'm going to add you to mine also. You have an exciting life! It is sometimes difficult for me to think of what to blog about because I usually just go to work and come home and watch tv with my husband. I work at Memphis Pediatrics on Germantown Rd near Wolf river blvd. It is crazy and I'm bracing myself for flu/RSV season!