Monday, September 8, 2008

Whew!

Another weekend over. I'm sure Charles is glad since I had to work Sat. & Sun.! One parent + 4 kids + busy schedules makes for one frazzled parent! I'm really praying that something will change so that I can go back to just 3 days during the week. I only have to work 1 weekend a month, so it isn't the worst thing, but when there are a thousand places to go, it makes for a hectic weekend for my wonderful husband! Not to mention the fact that he leaves the house at 4 a.m. on Saturdays and gets home around noon -- aahhhh the joys of a family business! (BTW - big congrats to Zachary & Josh for passing their test for their orange belt. I am so proud of them! Charles took pics, so I will post them when he downloads them from the camera.)

On a different note....I was finally able to read the People Magazine article on Steven Curtis Chapman and his family's recovery process following the death of their daughter Maria. I just can't imagine the pain and hurt. Not only are they dealing with the loss of their daughter, but also the fact that it was their own son who accidentally ran over her. I kept thinking of those few lines from Psalm 139 ....."you knit me together in my mother's womb"......."for I know the plans I have for you"........."all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be"... On one hand you think "how could God let this happen?" but at the same time you know He wasn't surprised by this either. He knew Maria would only have a short time here on earth - but the Chapman family did not. This is just like I wrote in this blog a couple of weeks ago. Our "curtain" is only open part of the way -- God is the only One who sees the whole picture. There are some things were just aren't meant to understand -- at least -- not at this time. Enjoy every precious moment/memory with your loved ones. You never know when it will come to an end.

No comments: