Monday, September 22, 2008

One Wish

You know, if I had one wish - besides a housekeeper - it would be for a "grocery fairy". I'd love to have a little person go to the grocery store for me. It is a chore that I dread every week. If we had the space, I would just go to Cosco once a month and be done. What is frustrating is that I can't get all the items I need at Kroger and I can't get all I need at Wal-Mart. For example, Zachary & I are fanatical about our popcorn. We love Pop Secret Homestyle. Wal-Mart doesn't carry Pop Secret. We love the Welch's fruit snacks - Kroger doesn't carry them. Kroger only carries the itty-bitty peanut butter I like (Peter Pan reduced fat) - whereas Wal-Mart has bigger sizes. Kroger has the better meat & produce section...Wal-Mart is cheaper on cleaning supplies and bath products. Now, I don't go both places every week. I try to do Kroger when I can, but sometimes I HAVE to go to Wal-Mart. I can't take all 4 kids. Oh - I could - and I have - but I can''t think and I have to have 2 baskets (one to hold Sarah & Ava & 1 for food!) When I shop, I have to have a list, and I have to be able to think. This requires more time & energy than I can handle sometimes! :-) It would just be so nice to have a little "helper" do this for me - or if I could just wiggle my nose and have my fridge & pantry full...how awesome! (Sigh) I guess we all wish we could have "little helpers" around our house. Granted, I do have 4 of my own, but they "help" in other ways. Zachary & Josh help so much with the girls, Sarah "helps" me with laundry and anything else she thinks she is big enough to do, and little Ava...well...she is actually pretty good at putting up stuff when prompted. I guess I should appreciate what I do have! For now, my kitchen is full and I actually had empty laundry baskets for a couple of hours last night. It's going to be a good week!

No comments: